About the VCEDC
To create a successful public-private partnership that stimulates sustainable economic growth throughout Vilas County.
Provide innovative leadership and regional infrastructure to: improve the economic well being of businesses, communities and residents; promote creation and retention of viable businesses and quality jobs; and provide increased opportunities for education strengthening workforce development.
Connect resources to the various sector partners of Vilas County to improve the economic future of the county and the quality of life for all residents.
Our Latest Reports
Vilas County Economic Development Corporation grew out the Vilas County Board’s Economic Development Committee formed in May 2008.
The Vilas County Economic Development Corporation (VCEDC) is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit, quasi-governmental organization helping public, business and nongovernmental sector partners work collectively to create better conditions for economic growth and employment generation within Vilas County.
There are five main components of economic development that the VCEDC focused on:
- Organizational Capacity and Leadership
- Business Development
- Workforce Development
- Community Cash Flow
VCEDC strategies for economic development include:
- Connect Information and Knowledge within the Business Community
- Link entrepreneurs with Needed Skills and Resources
- Provide Technical Assistance Planning to Communities
- Drive Financial and Operational Sustainability
The VCEDC will also focus on newer strategies for economic development, targeting efforts such as:
- Youth Entrepreneurship
- Creative Community Initiatives
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Growing Community Philanthropy
- Regional economic development