> News & Updates > Business Outreach Specialist
Business Outreach Specialist
Saturday , Jan 08, 2022
Business Outreach Specialist
Posted January 7, 2022
Vilas County Economic Development Corporation (VCEDC)
Job Title: Business Outreach Specialist
Position: Part-time (2-year Grant Funded Position)
Reports to: Executive Director
- Support the overall mission of the VCEDC by providing proactive one on one outreach and support to new and existing Vilas County businesses.
- Represent the VCEDC openly and professionally within the communities that we serve.
- Effective internal and external communication with the business community and VCEDC Executive Director.
Responsibilities for Business Outreach:
- Develop and execute a proactive outreach plan for existing and new Vilas County businesses to provide one on one support. This will help ensure that they are aware and take advantage of all of the resources available to be successful. These resources include, but are not limited to support offerings from the VCEDC, Vilas County, Nicolet Technical College (and the GRID), Grow North, Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, the Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative, State and Federal programs, and all available grant and other financial resources.
- To facilitate the above outreach plan, ensure timely, professional and consistent communications with the business community and collaboration with the chamber offices, town economic development organizations, the Eagle River Main Street Revitalization Program, and the Lac du Flambeau (LdF) Tribe (particularly the LdF Business Development Corporation).
- Develop a system for monthly documentation and tracking of the above business engagements to ensure that the VCEDC provides follow up and ongoing support as needed.
Responsibilities within the VCEDC:
- Based on interactions with Vilas County businesses, communicate and recommend to the Executive Director opportunities where the VCEDC could help improve business success and/or enhance the business climate within Vilas County.
- Given the “working board” model of the VCEDC communicate openly, effectively and professionally with the executive director, board chairman, volunteers, and board members as needed.
- Perform duties in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board Chairman as opportunities and challenges arise, to identify ways to reprioritize and/or share workload to ensure the most efficient, cost-effective operations possible.
- Develop and maintain professional, accurate, timely reports.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by January 21, 2022 to Kathy Schmitz, VCEDC Executive Director, at [email protected].
Vilas County Economic Development Corporation
521 E. Wall Street
Eagle River, WI 54521
Phone: (715) 337-0061
The Vilas County Economic Development Corporation is a 501c3 non-profit organization.