> News & Updates > Broadband Survey: We Need Your Help
Broadband Survey: We Need Your Help
Wednesday , Jun 14, 2023
Dear Vilas County Community,
We Need Your Help!
Broadband is rapidly expanding throughout Vilas County, but we’re not done yet! Your voice is critical to determine where broadband needs to improve, provide accurate data for grant funding, develop detailed broadband availability and coverage maps, and demonstrate improvement.
To attain our goals, here are two important surveys we ask you complete.
- Vilas County Economic Development Corporation GEN3 Broadband Survey:
Here is the information we’re looking for:
- What type of location? (Home, Business, Seasonal Home, Other)
- Is broadband available? If yes, you will be directed to an automated broadband speed test, which will upload the results to our database.
- Are you completing this survey at your Vilas County residence? Y/N (You will need to be at your Vilas County residence for your speed test to be relevant.)
- Did you participate in last year’s broadband survey? Thank you if you did. Please complete the survey again.
- The results will be added to the VCEDC GEN4 Broadband Map.
- Email address
- *Your information stays with the VCEDC.
- Click here to complete the 2-minute survey: https://www.vilascountyedc.org/speedtest/
- Wisconsin Internet Self-Report (WISER) Survey– Wisconsin Broadband Office
- This statewide survey is designed to capture your experience with internet service or lack thereof (e.g., service quality, affordability, accessibility, and more) so the VCEDC and Wisconsin Broadband Office can accurately understand a variety of broadband needs and be able to further improve internet access through the upcoming federal Broadband, Equity, Access, and Deployment (BEAD) funding. The survey is confidential and the number of responses will be visualized in an online mapping tool.
- Click here to complete the 5-minute survey: https://maps.psc.wi.gov/apps/WISER/index.html
To further strengthen and diversify Vilas County’s economy, the Vilas County Economic Development Corporation (VCEDC) is focused on making Vilas County a broadband destination by working with the municipalities, Lac du Flambeau Tribe, Internet Service Providers, and County leadership to provide education, leadership, planning, support, and networking.
Please share these surveys with your colleagues, friends, and family who reside in or visit Vilas County. The surveys are open now!
Questions? Contact Kathy Schmitz at [email protected]
Thank you for your participation!